Friday, November 18, 2011

Do You Remember?


Remember the days, in school, when you looked forward to your wild college days?
Remember the days, when all you wanted to do was get out of home and go to new places and meet new people?
Remember the days, in college, when house parties with booze was the happening thing?
Remember the days, when you fought with parents over how not-understanding they were?
Remember the days, when rebelling was the thing to do?
Remember the days, when you behaved like an angel and saved money all year long to go clubbing that one time with friends?
Remember the days when the DJ played your favourite songs?
Remember the days when you were the last person off the dance floor?
Remember the days when you woke up with a hangover, and still managed to attend all classes?
Remember the day when you started to work, and swore you’ll lead a sober lifestyle?
Remember the days when your job sucked, and you realized you needed more from life?
Remember the days you partied by night, and worked by day?
Remember the day you changed your job, and your lifestyle changed with it?
Remember all the days you worked?
Remember all the nights you crashed early?
Remember the last time you finally took out time and went clubbing, again?
Remember what you felt when you saw all the kids, with no intentions of getting off the dance floor till the DJ gave up?
Remember all the teenagers in the restroom, redoing their makeup?
Remember not putting on makeup?
Remember all the times you turned down party invites, and chose to curl up in bed with old episodes of Ally McBeal in stead?
Remember how weekends are now about banks and plumbers?
Remember how your parents started sounding almost right about most things?
Remember how suddenly, sleep is now the most important thing?
Remember how old you feel?
Remember how old you actually are?
Do you remember?

P.S. On a lighter note, they say that 24 is completely the new 35. Oh wait, I don't think that was a lighter note. Oops. My bad.

8 comments:

  1. I found this on indivine :)
    I confess, I have never gone clubbing, but I'd like to try :)
    You've written this in a simple manner for everyone to understand, great post :D

    Could you, if you had time, read a post of mine? And if you like it, give it a vote? I'd be most grateful :))

    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=90039

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I loved dis... Half the time I found myself nodding my head off.. :)Yes maybe 24 is the new 35!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24 is the new 35??what is 26 then???Forty???Damn...I am getting old!!!!!!White hairs..here I come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @thestorytellerslostpages - Thank you! And I'm reading it right now in fact....

    @Pallavi - sad isn't it? Though nice to know I'm not the only 24 year old oldie around!!!

    @Rahul - Over the hill dude...our days are limited :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made me remember all those ... :) I loved it

    Weakest LINK

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Readitt - We need to remember the good days aren't yet over!!

    ReplyDelete

Do let me know what you think!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...